In 1952 Robert and Margarit Egli emigrated from Switzerland to an old homestead in rugged Northwestern Ontario. It was their vision and foresight that led them to this region, knowing that the land was well suited for forage (grass and hay) production. This natural renewable resource was utilized to produce lamb meat, wool and sheepskin.
Their garage was converted into a manufacturing room and a small retail business began. As production sales increased, wool and sheepskins were brought in to meet the growing demand.
Over 60 years later, while maintaining a working family farm, Egli’s Sheep Farm employs local full-time sewing specialtists who manufacture sheepskin products right at the farm. The retail shop has expanded to become one of Canada’s largest wool and sheepskin specialty shops.